|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
13.99%, 20.99% or 22.99% when you open your account, based on your credit worthiness.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
0% introductory APR for the first fifteen billing cycles after the account is opened.
After that, your APR will be 13.99%, 20.99% or 22.99% based on your credit worthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
Penalty APR and When it Applies
Up to 27.24%, based on your creditworthiness.
This APR may be applied to your account if you make a late payment.
This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
How Long Will the Penalty APR Apply? If your APRs are increased for this reason, the Penalty APR may apply indefinitely.
How to Avoid Paying Interest on Purchases
Your due date is at least 23 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $2.00
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Either $10 or 4% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater. (During the first fifteen billing cycles after account opening, either $10 or 3% of each transfer, whichever is greater).
Either $10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $35
Up to $35
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called "daily balance (including new purchases)".
Loss of Introductory APR: We may end your Introductory APR and apply the Penalty APR if you make a late payment.
Terms and Conditions Continued:
Important Information about the Sallie Mae Credit Card Program: Offers may vary. Please carefully review the reward benefits (such as bonus miles/points and how miles/points are earned), interest rates and account fees and terms of this particular offer before applying.
Terms and Conditions Authorization: I understand that the use of any credit card account opened or any card issued in connection with this offer will constitute my acceptance of and will be subject to the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions and the Cardmember Agreement that will be sent to me. I agree to be responsible for all charges incurred according to the Cardmember Agreement. I understand that after my account is opened, the terms of my account are subject to change as provided in the Cardmember Agreement. I agree that if I am not approved for a World account that I may be approved for a Platinum account.
About This Offer: You must be at least 18 years of age. This offer is available only to applicants who are residents of the United States, with the exception of Iowa, Puerto Rico and the US territories, and may not be available if you already have or have had an account with us. If at the time of your application you do not meet the credit or income criteria previously established for this offer, or the income you report is insufficient based on your current obligations, we may be unable to open an account for you, or you may receive a Platinum card. Platinum benefits differ from World benefits. Please review the materials provided with your card for details.
About Us and This Credit Card Program: This credit card program is issued and administered by Barclays Bank Delaware, located in Wilmington, Delaware. Any credit card account opened in response to this application shall be governed by the laws of the State of Delaware. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated, and is used by us pursuant to a license. Visa is a registered trademark of VISA USA, Inc. and is used by us pursuant to a license.
Changes to Account and Benefits Terms: We reserve the right to change the APR and other account terms in accordance with the Cardmember Agreement, Delaware law and the Federal Truth in Lending Act. We also reserve the right to change the benefits and features associated with the card or the account.
About Your Credit Report and Your Credit Performance: You agree that Barclays has the right to obtain a current credit report in connection with our review of your application and, subsequently, in connection with a requested charge to any account with us, the renewal of your account, or a change in your credit line; and that we have the right to report to others our credit experience with you. Upon your request, we will tell you the name and address of each consumer reporting agency from which we obtained a consumer report about you. After your account is opened, we will periodically review your credit performance. If you do not maintain your credit performance, we may change your account terms.
How the Variable APRs on Your Account will be Determined: The APRs on your account will be determined each billing cycle by adding a margin to the Prime Rate (which will be the highest rate published in the Money Rates column of The Wall Street Journal on the last business day of each month). See your Cardmember Agreement for more detail. The APRs noted above are current as of 01/30/2014 using a Prime Rate of 3.25%.
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you: When you apply for an account, we will ask for your name, street address, date of birth, social security number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see copies of identifying documents. We also ask for your country of citizenship.
Notice to Married Wisconsin Residents: No provision of any marital property agreement, unilateral statement under Section 766.59 of the Wisconsin statutes, or court order under Section 766.70 adversely affects the interest of the creditor, Barclays Bank Delaware, unless the Bank, prior to the time the credit is granted or an open-end credit plan is entered into, is furnished a copy of the Agreement, Statement or Decree, or has actual knowledge of the adverse provision. IF I AM A MARRIED WISCONSIN RESIDENT, CREDIT EXTENDED UNDER THIS ACCOUNT WILL BE INCURRED IN THE INTEREST OF MY MARRIAGE OR FAMILY.
Your Telephone Number: By providing us with a telephone number(s), at the time you apply or anytime thereafter, you authorize Barclays and its affiliates, agents and independent contractors, to contact you regarding your account at such number using any means of communication, including, but not limited to calls placed to your cell, mobile or other phone using an automated dialing service, pre-recorded messages or text messages. Standard text messaging and/or calling charges may apply.
Balance Transfers. Here's How it Works:
To request a balance transfer please enter the 15/16 digit account number from the MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover Card account that you want us to process a balance transfer to. If the total amount you request exceeds the assigned credit line on your new account, we may either decline the request or send a partial payment to your creditor(s). The amount of available credit on your new account will be reduced by the amount transferred and the related balance transfer fees. We reserve the right to decline to process any requested balance transfer. We will not process a request to transfer a balance from any other account you may have with us. Balance transfers incur interest from the transaction date. You should not transfer the amount of any disputed purchase or other charge. If you do, you may lose your dispute rights. Upon approval of your application we will process the requested balance transfer payment to the account(s) which you have requested on the 10th day after we’ve mailed you your card; during this 10 day time period you may cancel your balance transfer by contacting us at the number on the back of your card.
A balance transfer may take up to 4 weeks to post to your other credit card accounts. Continue to pay each creditor until the balance transfer appears on the other account as a credit. If you would like to complete a balance transfer from another account that is not a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card, please call the phone number on the back of your new credit card once you are approved. Balance transfers are subject to availability. We may deny balance transfer requests at any time and for any reason.
Paying Interest on Balance Transfers and Cash Advances:
We charge interest on balance transfers and cash advances beginning on the transaction date. We charge interest on purchases unless you pay your entire balance, which includes all purchases, cash advances and balance transfers by the payment due date each and every month. Your entire balance includes any balances you transfer pursuant to this offer. This means that we will charge you interest on purchases if you do not pay any balance transfers in full by the first payment due date. Please see your Cardmember Agreement for details on how interest accrues.
Cash Equivalent Purchases: The purchase of money orders, travelers' checks, foreign currency, lottery tickets, gambling chips, wire transfers and other similar transactions are treated as cash advances. Please see the Cardmember Agreement that will accompany your credit card upon account opening for more details.
The information contained in these disclosures is accurate as of 01/30/2014 and may change after this date.
Sallie Mae® MasterCard® Rewards Program Rules
This document contains the official Rewards Program Rules (“Program Rules”) for the Sallie Mae MasterCard Program (the “Program”) and includes important conditions and limitations. Use of your Sallie Mae MasterCard® Account constitutes your acceptance of each of the terms described below and the terms of the Cardmember Agreement. Please read these Program Rules and keep this document in a safe place. Capitalized terms not defined in these Program Rules shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Cardmember Agreement.
Program Administration – The Program is administered by Barclays Bank Delaware (“Barclaycard”) located in Wilmington, DE (“we”, “us” or “our”). To qualify for participation in the Program and to maintain your good standing status:
• You must maintain an open and active Credit Card Account that is not in default under your Cardmember Agreement with us.
• Your Credit Card Account cannot have been inactive for thirteen (13) billing cycles (approximately thirteen (13) months) (“Inactive” means you have no balance, no payments and no transactions).
• You must be an individual (corporations, partnerships, and other entities may not participate) and use the Credit Card Account only for personal, family or household expenses. Each qualified Cardmember participating in the Program shall be eligible to earn rewards.
Earning “Cash Back” Rewards – Cash back rewards in the Program are earned in the form reward points (“Rewards”). Rewards are earned as follows:
• Rewards are earned on retail Purchases with the Sallie Mae Rewards Credit Card (the “Card”) less credits, returns and adjustments (“Net Purchases”) made by the Cardmember(s) and/or any Authorized User(s) of the Card. Balance Transfers, Cash Advances, Quasi-Cash Transactions, Purchases made by or for a business or for a business purpose, fees, finance charges, and unauthorized/fraudulent transactions do not earn Rewards. Barclaycard reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Cardmember from participating in the Program and to invalidate any or all Rewards earned for abuse, fraud, or any violation of the Program Rules.
• Base Reward – You will earn one (1) Reward for each $1 of all Net Purchases made using your Card(“Base Reward”).
• Gasoline – You will earn five (5) Rewards (which includes one (1) Base Reward) on the first $250 charged to the Credit Card Account each billing cycle on Net Purchases of Gasoline. Purchases must be submitted by eligible merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in this category to qualify for the five (5) Rewards. Purchases made at merchants that do not process transactions under these terms or that use incorrect merchant category codes will not qualify for and you will not receive the five (5) Rewards benefit. Barclaycard is not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases. Purchases in this category that exceed the specified monthly limit or that are submitted by the merchant using incorrect merchant category codes, will earn one (1) Base Reward.
• Groceries – You will earn five (5) Rewards (which includes one (1) Base Reward) on the first $250 charged to the Credit Card Account each billing cycle on Net Purchases of Groceries. Purchases must be submitted by eligible merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in this category to qualify for the five (5) Rewards. Purchases made at merchants that do not process transactions under these terms or that use incorrect merchant category codes will not qualify for and you will not receive the five (5) Rewards benefit. Barclaycard is not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases. Purchases in this category that exceed the specified monthly limit or that are submitted by the merchant using incorrect merchant category codes, will earn one (1) Base Reward.
• Books – You will earn five (5) Rewards (which includes one (1) Base Reward) on the first $750 charged to the Credit Card Account each billing cycle on Net Purchases of Books. Purchases must be submitted by eligible merchants using the merchant category codes for purchases in this category to qualify for the five (5) Rewards. Purchases made at merchants that do not process transactions under these terms or that use incorrect merchant category codes will not qualify for and you will not receive the five (5) Reward benefit. Barclaycard is not responsible for incorrectly coded purchases. Purchases in this category that exceed the specified monthly limit or that are submitted by the merchant using incorrect merchant category codes, will earn one (1) Base Reward.
• Subject to the terms described herein there is no maximum to the total Rewards you can earn as long as the Program continues and the Cardmember’s Credit Card Account is open and in good standing.
Redeeming Rewards – Rewards are available to redeem, when you have earned at least 2,500 Rewards. When you reach 2,500 in available Rewards, you can log on to our website, www.barclaycardus.com, and redeem your Rewards. Rewards are not redeemable for less than 2,500 reward points (2,500 reward points = $25).
• You can use your Rewards to redeem for: (a) statement credit on your Sallie Mae MasterCard account, (b) as a statement credit on any eligible Sallie Mae student loan, or (c) as cash back in a Upromise® account.
• If you redeem your Rewards as a statement credit on your eligible Sallie Mae Mastercard account, the Reward credit will be posted within 6-8 weeks from initial request date. Reward credits reduce your account balance but cannot be applied toward any minimum payment or amounts due and is otherwise subject to the terms and conditions applicable to your Sallie Mae Mastercard account.
• If you redeem your Rewards as a statement credit on your eligible Sallie Mae student loan, the Reward credit will be posted within 6-8 weeks from initial request date. Reward credits reduce your account balance but cannot be applied toward any minimum payment or amounts due; and is otherwise subject to the terms and conditions applicable to your Sallie Mae Student loan
• If you redeem your Rewards as cash back in a Upromise account, the contribution will be reported as pending in the Upromise account within thirty (30) days following Rewards redemption and should be posted as funded to your Upromise account within ninety (90) days of redemption and is otherwise subject to the terms and conditions applicable to your Upromise account.*
*IMPORTANT: You must be a Upromise member in order to redeem your Rewards for Upromise cash back. You will be required to provide a valid Upromise number in order for cash back to be appropriately posted to your Upromise account. If you don’t have a Upromise account, you can learn more and join for free at Upromise.com. All Upromise cash back earnings are subject to the terms and conditions of the Upromise service.
$25 First Use Bonus – The $25 First Use Bonus is equivalent to 2,500 reward points and is earned if you use your new Credit Card Account once to make a purchase, cash advance transaction, or transfer a balance within ninety (90) days of your Credit Card Account being opened. If you make an eligible retail purchase transaction, you will also receive your 1% Base Reward. This one-time 2,500 Reward point bonus offer is valid for first-time Cardmembers with new accounts only. Existing Cardmembers and existing accounts are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited-time offer and may be cancelled at any time without notice.
• You have no property rights or other legal interest in Rewards. Rewards have no cash value or value of any kind until they are fully redeemed. Rewards may not be assigned, transferred, or pledged.
• You are solely responsible for any taxes that may be owed as a result of Rewards earned and/or redeemed. Please consult your tax advisor if you have tax questions about the Program. Neither Barclaycard nor Sallie Mae provides tax advice.
• Cardmember’s exclusive remedy for earned but uncredited Rewards or other benefit shall be the issuance of the uncredited Rewards or benefit, if available, or such other comparable benefit as determined by us.
• The Program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations. The redemption of Rewards is void where prohibited by law. The sale or barter of any Reward offered through the Program, other than by us, is expressly prohibited.
• We reserve the right to make promotional offers selectively available to Cardmembers, based on Cardmember activity, Program participation, or other factors.
• We reserve the right to correct errant Rewards values represented on statements or the site at our sole discretion.
• We may, in our sole discretion, cancel, modify, restrict, or terminate the Program or any aspects or features of the Program at any time without prior notice. All interpretations of Program Rules shall be at our sole discretion.
Limitation and Release of Liability – By participating in the Program, and accepting and using Rewards earned via the Program, you or any other beneficiary of the Program release, discharge and hold harmless Barclaycard, Sallie Mae, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, administrators, employees, officers, directors, successors and assignees from all claims, damages or liability including, but not limited to, physical injury or death, arising out of participation in the Program or travel taken or use of products purchased in connection with the Program. Barclaycard is not responsible for unauthorized redemptions on your Credit Card account. Barclaycard has no liability in case of disagreement over issuance of or a Cardmember’s right to possess Rewards.
Restrictions – You may not earn or redeem Rewards during a billing cycle in which any of the following occur:
• You fail to make the Minimum Payment Due by the Payment Due Date.
• Your Credit Card Account becomes delinquent.
• Your Credit Card Account does not remain otherwise in good
standing as defined in the Cardmember Agreement.
Forfeiture – Your Rewards may be forfeited if any of the following occur:
• Your Credit Card Account becomes seriously delinquent, as determined by Barclaycard at its sole discretion.
• You or we close your Credit Card Account for any reason.
• You engage in fraudulent activity on this Credit Card Account. Call the number on the back of your Card if you want to obtain more information.
MasterCard® Benefits – Certain restrictions apply to each benefit. Platinum card benefits differ from World card benefits (i.e. coverage amounts vary and some benefits are not available). Details will accompany the new Credit Card Account.
Miscellaneous – The Program is subject to change and prior notification of such change is not required. Other significant terms may apply. Details will accompany the new Credit Card Account. All trademarks, registered trademarks, and service marks belong to their respective owners. We are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions in this document. Rewards cannot be combined with other discount or reward programs unless specifically authorized by us.
Customer Service – Questions regarding the Program may be directed to 1-866-585-2951.
© 2013 Barclays Bank Delaware All rights reserved.
The Sallie Mae logo and Sallie Mae are registered service marks of Sallie Mae, Inc. SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries, including Sallie Mae, Inc., are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States. Upromise is a registered service mark of Upromise, Inc. Sallie Mae credit cards are issued by Barclays Bank Delaware.